Are You Ready to Step Up and Join a Kick-Axe League?
It doesn't matter if you consider yourself to be a bad-axe professional already or if you're just looking to have a good time with friends, joining one of our axe throwing leagues is a memorable way to spend an evening.
Throwing axes at our Cape Coral facility has proven to be so popular, we're now offering three leagues! There are many benefits to signing up for our leagues, including WATL recognition and ranking. Kick enough axe and you could earn yourself a spot in the World Axe Throwing Championships, which are televised nationally on ESPN!
In addition, league members enjoy discounted rates anytime they throw at TJ's. Even if you're just starting out, you'll quickly find yourself to be an axe-man (or woman). Best of all, our leagues are designed to encourage healthy, friendly competition for all skill levels.
While we're one of more than 160 WATL Member companies worldwide, our leagues make us a unique experience for Lee County residents. That's why we welcome spectators to attend and enjoy an axe-cellent view of the action.
We'll have two Hatchet Leagues available*:
- A new league on Wednesday nights
- Our popular Sunday night league
- You're free to sign up for whichever league and night you prefer
- Entries are $150 for each league
- Entry fee is to be paid in cash only the first league day
- Standard rules and scoring apply
- Players compete in four games each week against local and national opponents
- Week 8 consists of a double-elimination tournament, where a league winner is determined
*Hatchet League days are subject to change.
This is a new league format we're happy to bring to Southwest Florida:
- Two teammates throw at the same time and at the same target
- Cont-axe-tants must throw from at least 12 feet away
- Standard rules apply, with some modifications
- Killshots can be called at any time
- You aren't required to call a Killshot on the same throw as your partner
- Once a Killshot has been registered throwers are not required to switch Killshots
- Total team score wins the match
- If there's a tie, the match enters sudden death where only Killshots are allowed
- If all players hit their Killshot, then an additional sudden death throw will occur
- At this point, teammates are required to switch Killshots on the same target
- Duals League competition is scheduled for Wednesday nights, starting at 7 pm
- The entry fee is $200 per team
- Entry fee to be paid the first league day in cash only
Protect Yourself (and Us)!
All of our throwers, no matter how axe-perienced, are required to complete our waiver form in order to step into a lane.
Sign Up Now!
In order to hold your spot, you need to sign up online. We recommend signing up as soon as possible, as entries are limited and our league rosters fill up fast with fun-loving folks.
We also encourage you to familiarize yourself with the WATL Code of Conduct, so you know exactly what to expect before you step up and deliver your first throw.
If you have any questions about our leagues, the rules, or how we run things, feel free to throw us a line or call us. We're always happy to help introduce our exciting sport to new fans!